Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tofu Enoki Rolls



This recipe was so simple that I didn't expect it to taste so good but it DID.

Tofu Enoki Rolls
4 sheets tofu skins
Half a package enoki mushrooms
1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
1 tablespoon oyster abalone sauce* (or soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, whatever sauce you like really)
Handful of goji berries (for decoration, but yummy too)

1. Wash enoki mushrooms and snip off the dirty looking stems (I use scissors because it's quicker). Blot them dry and set aside.
2. Place enoki mushrooms according to the amount of your liking on a tofu sheet. Roll up tight and hold together with a toothpick. Repeat with the other sheets. Brush rolls with a bit of sesame oil.
3. Place rolls in a steamer and steam for 8 to 10 minutes. Place rolls on a plate,remove toothpicks, drizzle with oyster sauce, sprinkle on goji berries. Makes 4 rolls.

*I had a mini mental dilemma making this because I didn't have vegetarian oyster sauce in hand so I figured what the heck, it's a sauce (said the unethical vegetarian ><)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a journalism student and a lacto-ovo vegetarian. Baking, getting random Chinese ingredients, reading recipes and playing in the kitchen are part of my many interests.