Friday, April 24, 2009

cookies and flowers

It's been a really long, rough week for both my boyfriend and me. After my class finished on Friday, I thought I'd bake some chocolate chip cookies to cheer him up.
Just as I was going to pop them into the oven, the door clicked...
he'd brought a bunch of roses for me because he wanted me to feel better.

Life can be so cute

almost like an O Henry story, with less loss and more awwww

*Edit*
Boyfriend loved the cookies a lot and suggested I put up the recipe here:
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
-modified from allrecipes
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 stick butter, softened
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup dark and milk chocolate chunks

1.Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
2.In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chunks.
3.Chill cookie dough for two hours or overnight.
4.Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F ). Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown. If you use butter, the cookies will probably spread.

About Me

My photo
I'm a journalism student and a lacto-ovo vegetarian. Baking, getting random Chinese ingredients, reading recipes and playing in the kitchen are part of my many interests.